MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving MYBB (Creating databse username & Password)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First of All Merry Christmas to all.
Ok
I am moving my whole MYBB.
and rather than moving my database, If I create SAME database name, User name and If I give SAME Password. AS Earlier.

Will MY Forum will run normal as Early or I need to do something Else too.

Problem is By mistake the whole folder and files got deleted just after downloading the backup file. I compressed my complete folder and files and than I downloaded from my cpanel.

If I upload in new hosting by creating same database name , User Name and Password. Will Everything go fine. Or I need to Do something.

Is there any person who have this knowledge. Please tell me.
If everything is the same you won't have to change anything. Even if it's different it only needs changing in ./inc/config.php
Oh.. Ok If I change my new database Username and Password in -> inc/config.php.

Will Everything work Fine.
Yes, if everything else is the same.
Ok.. What does "Else" count, this is scary word for me.

You said:- "If Everything else is same".
All the other settings in there, like db type, db name, etc.
Oh Ok..Thanks AJS, for help.
Will Do Now Hope Everything Works Fine.
+1 rep for help
Oh I got this Error.

1146 - Table 'wwwanon_kro.mybb_datacache' doesn't exist

What should I do?
AJS please reply I have this Problem from where should I fixed.
well for me I moved my forum is I copied all of the files and create the same ftp, mysql accounts on my new host and uploaded the whole thing onto my new host. Worked like a charm
Actualy I moved my host uploaded all files in "home/kro/forum" directory file and changed my "inc/config.php" file with new database and password. But This didn't work it gives above error.

@sviridovt -> did you installed new version of mybb and than you uploaded all your files over there. or just copy paste of your forum folder.

Cause I guess in PHPmyAdmin lots of table are left unmade.
one is the above 1 that i am getting error. Don't know how much more error is going to come.

Please AJS reply me fast. I need Help now.
You have to upload the database via phpMyAdmin.
Pages: 1 2 3