MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copy Right Footer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I am wondering if the
Copyright © 2010 MyBB Group. All rights reserved.
Contact MyBB Group — for support with MyBB, visit support
can be removed and change like this

Copyright © 2010 Whatever site. All rights reserved.
I am asking because i came across a site that remove the copyright and used their website and after asking the admin of the forum he said to me it was OK to remove the copyright and add his site name.
I think that Is disrespectful to the developers.

It is not okay to do that.

There is a huge message in the footer template - The minimum you can have is "Powered by MyBB" but if you want to add your own copyright, you add it next to the MyBB copyright, you don't replace it.

It's a free software, so the least you can do is keep the copyright. Wink
Powered by [link]MyBB[link] - Copyright © 2010 Whatever site. All rights reserved.
If you want support here, don't remove the link to MyBB.
(2010-12-24, 10:34 PM)Renegader Wrote: [ -> ]It is not okay to do that.

There is a huge message in the footer template - The minimum you can have is "Copyright © 2010 MyBB Group." but if you want to add your own copyright, you add it next to the MyBB copyright, you don't replace it.

No, the official minimum is "Powered by MyBB".
Sorry about that.
(2010-12-24, 10:34 PM)Renegader Wrote: [ -> ]It is not okay to do that.

There is a huge message in the footer template - The minimum you can have is "Powered by MyBB" but if you want to add your own copyright, you add it next to the MyBB copyright, you don't replace it.

Actually its OK to remove the copyright notice, but if any one remove this, he can't get supported from mybb.com.
Removing the copyright = no support at mybb.com. However, mybb's license dies allow you to place whatever copyrights you want on your board. Smile you just done meet the support eligibility requirements
Legally it's fine, we just won't support you.
Thank you all for your replies have a great xmas sent example to support team