MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VPS Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm looking for a VPS, my host is suggesting this as my site uses 95% memory quite often and I feel it's big enough to warrant a move anyway.
A good amount of RAM is needed, I am running MyBB and Wordpress, and will be hosting an image host when I get this VPS.
Minimum of 50gb transfer too.

Please state whether it's managed or not.
I'll signup under your referral link when I choose, if you have one.

Have any specs or budget in mind? My vote goes to a cloud host like GigeNET Cloud (or you can pick up a small Amazon VM that's free for one year and see if that's enough).
www.Knownhost.com - I've been with them for a month and a half, and let me tell you they are perfect. They are fully managed and are extremely cheap. Check them out.
Something like 200gb transfer, 20 gb space, 1gb ram (unsure how much I'll need).
$60 a month is a good price.
(2010-12-25, 01:06 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]www.Knownhost.com - I've been with them for a month and a half, and let me tell you they are perfect. They are fully managed and are extremely cheap. Check them out.

The VS3 plan looks good, IF 768mb of RAM is enough for me.
http://fanaticalvps.com/ - Not managed but if you ask they'll help you by giving you links to tutorials and such. They have live chat as well even though it isn't 24x7.
1536mb of RAM for $30, that's great. Nothing about root access though..
Unmanaged is preferred btw.
(2010-12-25, 01:19 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]1536mb of RAM for $30, that's great. Nothing about root access though..
Unmanaged is preferred btw.

All VPSs give you root unless it's some retarded host.
Why not get a nice dedicated server at www.interserver.net for $39/month (it says unmanaged but I can confirm that they do offer a lot of support for thier Atom servers)? Big Grin
Is my site really going to run smoothly on that?
I've run 1400+ cPanel accounts on it without issues.
Pages: 1 2 3 4