MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't edit posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As an admin, i was able to but recently a member of our forums told me that it says permission was denied. So i created myself an account and tried to edit, no luck
Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
1.Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
2.You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3.Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
4.You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'Testing'

Also the thank button appears to be broken on my forums.

A few other Qs.

1)How do i change those words such as junior, newbie, super admin etc?
2) How does someone become auto admin after certain amount of posts?
3) Is there any rating system or just thank? something where you rate people from 1-5
4) Anyway to change the words like junior (same as #1) but like having newbie until 50 posts, pro after 500 etc
Check the settings in AdminCP>>>Users & Groups>>>Groups

Check the forum premissions too. AdminCP>>>Forums & Posts
I didn't get that...
You didn't get what?
(2010-12-25, 03:29 AM)Terwax Wrote: [ -> ]As an admin, i was able to but recently a member of our forums told me that it says permission was denied. So i created myself an account and tried to edit, no luck
Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
1.Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
2.You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3.Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
4.You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'Testing'

Also the thank button appears to be broken on my forums.

A few other Qs.

1)How do i change those words such as junior, newbie, super admin etc?
2) How does someone become auto admin after certain amount of posts?
3) Is there any rating system or just thank? something where you rate people from 1-5
4) Anyway to change the words like junior (same as #1) but like having newbie until 50 posts, pro after 500 etc

Have you ensured that members of their user group (I assume it is "Registered") are allowed to edit their own posts? Check here:
ACP->Users & Groups->Groups->Group Name->Forums and Posts->Can edit own posts? (at bottom). Make sure that check box is checked then hit save.

1) Those are called User Titles, they are achieved after a certain number of posts, change them here.
ACP->Users & Groups->User Titles

2) Use "Group Promotions" fill out this form
ACP->Users & Groups->Group Promotionns->Add New Promition

3) You can rate threads, but I am not aware of something where you can rate users. Maybe allowing 5 reputations per user would have the same affect, give 3+ rep if you think they deserve 3.

4) That is actually on the same page as #1
Be VERY Careful, I would never suggest auto promoting any one to admin after a certain amount of post. Admin group should ONLY be given to people you know in real life and whom you trust otherwise you can put your forum in jeopardy.
(2010-12-25, 06:02 AM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]Be VERY Careful, I would never suggest auto promoting any one to admin after a certain amount of post. Admin group should ONLY be given to people you know in real life and whom you trust otherwise you can put your forum in jeopardy.

well there is a think in mybb that disallows any admins to delete the original admin (the one registered when you first created a mybb forum)

though admins can still mess up your forums and I wouldn't recommend auto promoting someone to admin
If you want to make someone an admin after they make a certain amount of posts you might as well just invite hackers to delete your forum and save them the trouble of having to post.
(2010-12-25, 12:13 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to make someone an admin after they make a certain amount of posts you might as well just invite hackers to delete your forum and save them the trouble of having to post.

Ah yes, I should have mentioned what a bad idea it was. But I got caught up in just answering how to do it.
alright i wont do that!

However, edit option still fails. i checked and they're allowed to edit but they can not O.o
Pages: 1 2