MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OmegaDev
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! Let me explain:

OmegaDev is a community supporting indie game development. That's pretty much our goal: to support popular game engines.
However, for now, we are focusing on a simple engine called RPGMaker.

Our site is http://www.omega-dev.net and it has been running for three days already. Our community used to use a different forum, a free host, located here: link removed for now ~, but since we grew stronger we decided to move to the .net site and use MyBB instead of that phpBB thing.

We're still focusing on migrating our members from the old site, and I am glad to say I have a mature, talented and humorous community =D

I am very happy for finding MyBB. It has all the features we were trying to find. Easy theme & mod installation, all the mods we needed (specially the points mod, which we call Gald and use it as a currency in game development services), spoilers that can be nested, chatbox, and a nice, clean and organized theme! MyBB is the best free forum software I have used so far.
Nice to know that you decided to move to MyBB. But you can showcase your forum here only when it runs on MyBB. So i guess you should remove the second link.
This: http://www.omegadev.biz/ is not MyBB, so I think you should have to convert it to MyBB or remove the link from first post.
I don't like the MyBB theme your using, it's rather boring and way over used.

Oh well, link removed then Toungue

As for the theme, we didn't really care as long as it was clean and simple.
(2010-12-26, 06:55 PM)OmegaVemon Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well, link removed then Toungue

As for the theme, we didn't really care as long as it was clean and simple.

I joined.
Get rid of those big annoying banner things above the forum listings, they are really annoying.
(2010-12-26, 08:02 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Get rid of those big annoying banner things above the forum listings, they are really annoying.

Oh we will! But since the marketplace function is a key element in this four days old site, I need to make the community focus on it for now. You know, like telling them to keep that function alive.
(2010-12-27, 01:25 AM)OmegaVemon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-26, 08:02 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Get rid of those big annoying banner things above the forum listings, they are really annoying.

Oh we will! But since the marketplace function is a key element in this four days old site, I need to make the community focus on it for now. You know, like telling them to keep that function alive.

I understand what you mean, but there has got to be a better way than to use up 100% of the "above-the-fold" screen. A user's first few seconds on your site will determine if they stay or not. With the way that it is currently setup, the forums are not visible whatsoever (at least not on my screen), without having to scroll down past the giant market button.

Design and forums look good! Smile

(2010-12-30, 06:22 PM)camrondell Wrote: [ -> ]I understand what you mean, but there will be a better approach than using up the "above the fold"screen 100%. A user's first website for a few seconds will determine whether they stay or not. Way, its current setting, the Forum is not visible to any (at least not in my screen), scroll down button without the need for a huge market in the past.

Reported Toungue
Pages: 1 2