MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should I get the new iPod Touch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've been debating on whether I should purchase the new iPod Touch fourth generation.

For those who have purchased it, what are its pros and cons? Do the pros outweigh the cons, or vice versa?

Thanks. Smile
Do you want the internet in your pocket without owning a smartphone?

Yes: Buy iPod.
No. Don't buy iPod.
If you already have a 2nd gen or later, I wouldn't. If you don't have an iPod at all, I'd go for it. I upgraded from the 2nd gen but to be completely honest there isn't anything that different other than the display, a camera and multitasking (which is neither here not there). Camera is a waste of time unless you're making videos. The new display is the only real upgrade IMO.
(2010-12-26, 09:14 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Do you want the internet in your pocket without owning a smartphone?

Yes: Buy iPod.
No. Don't buy iPod.

You still need WiFi, which isn't everywhere.
i just got it today, and it is honestly awesome
I have a similar device in the iPhone 4, which I'm in love with. Of course, if you don't like taking pictures, there's no real reason to get it.
(2010-12-26, 03:52 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]If you already have a 2nd gen or later, I wouldn't. If you don't have an iPod at all, I'd go for it. I upgraded from the 2nd gen but to be completely honest there isn't anything that different other than the display, a camera and multitasking (which is neither here not there). Camera is a waste of time unless you're making videos. The new display is the only real upgrade IMO.

I currently have the 2nd generation. I just can't decide if I want to buy the new one or not Toungue
If you have the second generation then really the only reason I would see for you to upgrade is

A) You're out of space
B) You have an 8GB and you're looking to get the extra features that come with iOS 4
C) You want a Camera

Other then those few reasons, I would stick with the second gen.
You should save the money for something bigger Wink
@ CAsome

I see you posted the convo me and you had. LOL
(2010-12-26, 11:05 PM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]B) You have an 8GB and you're looking to get the extra features that come with iOS 4

There's virtually nothing that you can't get with a jailbreak. Multitasking isn't all it's been blown up to be since half the apps don't even support it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4