MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Member Reading Thread ________"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, this is weird.

95% of the time when i view one of my member's profiles while they are online and perusing my site, it will say:

- Member Viewing Forum XXXXX

or

- Member Reading Thread XXXXX

...however, sometimes it says "Member Viewing Thread" and that is it.

why does that happen? as admin this shouldn't happen? am i missing something here?

* makes me all paranoid, like my members have revolted and created a secret thread i am not permission'ed to view (lol), but seriously, sometimes my who's online says Google is "Viewing Thread" and that is it too.

???
Even I have seen that. Never thought about it... let me check and see whats making that to happen
Yes, its a bug, possibly fixed in 1.6.2: http://dev.mybboard.net/issues/1302
thanks, yaldaram.

i read that bug report, but it does not describe what is happening to me. it is close, but in fact, THE OPPOSITE is happening to me.

when i view the who's online list, sometimes google is "viewing thread" (no description of thread title) and same goes for members.

i have NO hidden or restricted forums.

so this isn't a case of it showing the titles of hidden threads, it is a case of it NOT showing the titles of PUBLIC threads being viewed.

a bug? same bug? diff bug? idk. Smile
Do you have any custom WOL locations set in functions_online.php ??
Sometimes it just can't get the name of the thread for whatever reason, it happens here sometimes. Don't worry, your members aren't revolting and creating hidden threads that you can't see...
(2010-12-27, 12:00 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any custom WOL locations set in functions_online.php ??

hmm, what is WOL?
Who's Online List.