MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How fast does google index you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, I just registered the domain and setup my new blog yesterday.

I wrote one post last night and 5 today. I have been checking google and it seems that google indexed me withing only a few hours.

I finished writing an article, then less than 40 minutes later i was indexed. The same for about 3 articles... Is this normal? I mean, my first forum took 3 months to index. My new blog, even with ony 6 posts, was indexed in about 4 hours! I havent changed any indexing settings in webmaster tools - due to the fact i only verified my site about half an hour ago.

Google indexed one of my tags for a new post withing about 20 minutes!
Edit: it seems google even managed to index the sample data - which I deleted about 30 mins after installing...

I have read that google monitors domain name registrations - is that true?
Edit again: google has just indexed an article I wrote 24 minutes ago...
Normally a few hours is standard. Do you run Google Analytics? If so then even a single page view might trigger the bot to view the page.
Well i know of a forum that get's indexed within 30 seconds to one minute tops
Yeah, I know forums that are already setup get indexed quickly. But this domain expired over a year ago and there has been no activity since, I don't know where google got a link to my site from Toungue

I was waiting until I had at least changed the default content before letting google index it XD
(2010-12-27, 12:05 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Normally a few hours is standard. Do you run Google Analytics? If so then even a single page view might trigger the bot to view the page.

Yes I do, quite possibly Smile
(2010-12-26, 11:25 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, my first forum took 3 months to index.

For something completely new with no links pointing to it, it probably takes 3 days to get indexed, if you add it to Google yourself. Either way, 3 months is way too long. Your domain was either blacklisted or blocked by robots.txt or you never even pointed Google to your new site...

Blogs usually have sitemaps, and may even ping Google automatically, so they should get indexed quickly.
I had no robots.txt and I submitted my URL to google. I have been indexed again Toungue
For me about 2 hours within posting. That said i have little inwards links.
Not more than a few hours (I use Analytics... Google bot is 24/7 on my forum Big Grin)
Strangely I have had my site in Analytics for about 2 days, and it has no data to report yet Confused
For me works perfectly, I think is the best existing tool for that...
Analytics should report something after 1 day.
Pages: 1 2