MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Flash Media Server + HTML5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Everyone

Trying to figure some things out with Flash Media Interactive Server.

Right now we have it set up to stream to a Flash Player. We're wondering if there's any way to stream it to an HTML5 player (mainly for iOS devices).

Or is there a way to take a Flash Code and Convert to HTML5 with some heavy scripting. We found something earlier but not quite sure if it works.
Unless you can change how you stream it out i don't think you can. Explain to me how it works, when it streams out does it steam out in a flash format? Can you change it to a different format?
Well, we have Flash Media Encoder (Mac Version) and we create the stream and send it off to Flash Media Server on a Dedi.

Now the other guy I'm working with says that he has a player nearly finished. So it will read the live .swf file and play it in a HTML5 Player.
Can't HTML5 read SWF files?
I'm not sure. I guess what we're really going for is a player to play on non-flash browsers
You're just going to screw the majority of other devices over, then.
(2010-12-29, 01:48 AM)Lyndon D. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure. I guess what we're really going for is a player to play on non-flash browsers

HTML does support SWF files. I have no idea if a basic HTML page can stream though.

http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/html-c...-to-flash/

Do that.
@Scoutie44 what we'll end up doing is keep our Flash Based Player on our main site for Desktop viewing. But for example, I have created an iPhone Specific Version of the site so we would put the player there and on other future mobile versions.