MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ajax Chat Question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know I have the option of either downloading the basic webchat software or the MyBB integration version for MyBB 1.6...

My question is simple, though...

Is there a way I can install Ajax Chat on a separate subdomain and still have it use the MyBB database for channels and users?

If so, should I use the MyBB integration or the normal? Also, how would I do this? (Please remember that I am a technological idiot, and phrase the responses accordingly...Toungue)
You would have to edit some files. I'd ask on their website.
Okay, I went ahead and installed the MyBB integration version under a separate subdomain (deliberately), and when I went to activate the installer, I got this message:

Quote:Warning: require(/home/adolfo/public_html/chat/../global.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/adolfo/public_html/chat/lib/custom.php on line 16

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/adolfo/public_html/chat/../global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/adolfo/public_html/chat/lib/custom.php on line 16

My question is this: What would I have to change on the installation script to have it point in the right direction and install properly?

The Ajax website has been less than informative, from what I can tell (no doubt due to my inferior (read: practically non-existent) knowledge of programming), otherwise I wouldn't be reposing this question.
You seem to be missing a file or two. What I do on my own site is I actually integrate the chat using MyBB and the Page Manager plugin. Maybe that'd work for you.
I've decided to just bite the proverbial bullet and install the MyBB integration chat software the traditional way (Site owner is getting antsy about having the chat function working properly for the Jan 1 launch).

I installed everything as instructed, but now I'm getting this error.

Quote:Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:

[attachment=21083]

I have no clue what that means. Help?
(2010-12-31, 08:08 PM)pqphillips Wrote: [ -> ]I've decided to just bite the proverbial bullet and install the MyBB integration chat software the traditional way (Site owner is getting antsy about having the chat function working properly for the Jan 1 launch).

I installed everything as instructed, but now I'm getting this error.

Quote:Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:

I have no clue what that means. Help?

Okay, I've discovered a potential fix, but I have no clue how to implement it.

This is the fix.

(2009-06-25, 11:28 PM)Andii S. Wrote: [ -> ]1. drop all exisiting ajax_chat tables manualy via phpmyadmin
2. add the tables from the chat.sql for the chat manualy via phpmyadmin
3. ignore the install.php
4. just configure the config.php
5. go to youredomain.tld/chat/index.php it should work
6. have fun

My issues are basically this:

I have no idea where the ajax_chat tables are at.
I have no idea where the tables are in the chat.sql file
I have no idea what to do to configure the config.php file.

Can anyone assist with this?