MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Managing Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As nice as the new forum management system in the ACP is, there are a couple of flaws in it that I've noticed...

Most importantly, the only way now to add moderators to a forum is by clicking on the name of the forum. This didn't occur to me for a long time and I spent ages trying to find the feature.

Less importantly, but still a little odd... on the main Manage Forums section there is an Add Child Forum button for the categories but not for forums - yet it's still possible to do either by clicking on the forum's name and adding a child forum there or by changing the parent of a new forum manually. It seems a bit weird not to provide the button in the first instance.
Yes, I noticed this too. A lot of new comers would have to spend ages trying to find these features. It would help us more experienced people and new people to be able to have these links more visible, or atleast a small description telling us how and where we can access this.
Yeah it took me a long time to figure out that the way to add moderators was to click on the link. I used other forum systems before and I always thought those kinds of links were links to the forumdisplay page Wink

I'd like to see all the forums on the Manage Forum page, not just the first 2 levels deep. At first, I thought I lost a forum when I made a sub-sub-forum :o
Yeah, I've been fiddling around mybb from a built in webserver I have on my PC. I'm used to working with IPB so, I'm kinda getting lost on some of the options via Admin CP. But, you know what? Some of the features in there are very similar to those ones in IPB. Also, most of the main layouts are reminiscent of IPB2.0 and WBB ... and that is NICE. I've always wanted those types of features from before, but were never really bothered to install those ones.
Quote:Most importantly, the only way now to add moderators to a forum is by clicking on the name of the forum. This didn't occur to me for a long time and I spent ages trying to find the feature.
Here's a bit of a dumb moment but whilst setting up a copy of MyBB for my brothers site and running through the features and how to do certain features thats one thing that hit me, I could not find where to add moderators to a forum.. Then I managed to find it and realised it needs some improvements.

If you know where to add the moderator option, let me know and we'll look into it.

Quote:I'd like to see all the forums on the Manage Forum page, not just the first 2 levels deep. At first, I thought I lost a forum when I made a sub-sub-forum :o
Theres two problems with doing that, although I would like to do it myself I can't because of these.

1. Resolution. At the moment the screen is pretty tightly packed at 800*600 and we're trying as much as possible to support this resolution as being the minimum for use with MyBB.

2. Table structure. The current way works on a number of table columns (inserting them and setting colspan="x" in various places) allowing you to differerntiate between different levels of forums and in order to show all levels deep, we would have to somehow create a table structure which automatically expanded the number of columns out and out..

2 is a bit tricky to understand so I hope you understand why that won't particularly work.

The forum manager should show a listing of sub forums inside a forum however, only one level deep inside that forum though.

Chris.
Hey Chris, if you need a place to put the moderator options, just place it under "Forum Management" under permissions or something of the like. That way it's right there and will hopefully be a lot easier to use later on.