MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts and Replies in Threads are not visible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys i recently came across this problem that when a normal user logins in to www.estufs.com/forum and views any thread the replies in the threads aren't visible only the original post is visible the replies to that thread are not visible...below the page there is a tag "Messages In This Thread" and they have to clik on thos replies to see a particular reply but they cant see replies from all the users at a time...So i made a normal id to check it and i saw the same thing.
but if i login to the forum as admin then i can view the replies in a thread normally like i should have...
Is there any settings for that please Help me out.
Thanks...Huh
ACP >> Configuration >> Settings >> Show Thread Options >> Usenet Style Thread View >> No

You're viewing the threads in threaded view, you need to switch to the linear view to be able to see all the replies on the same page.

For global setting:
Admincp>Settings>Show Thread Options>Usenet Style Thread View>OFF

Users might also have to switch their view in their ucercp>options>thread view mode to either default or linear.

EDIT: oops AJS beat me to it. Wink
alrite thanks it worked but is there any way so that when a user registers by default his view would be set to linear and all the existing members views also would be set to linear...
Unless they've specifically chosen threaded mode in their User CP then they'll use whatever it's set to in the ACP.
Well actually i made a normal account to check the problem and now i have changed the settings from admin panel but stil when i login using the normal account i see the threaded view...
(2010-12-27, 09:04 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Users might also have to switch their view in their ucercp>options>thread view mode to either default or linear.

ya exactly they have to switch it...so i was wondering isnt there any way so that i could change it globally for them...
Well ok but i guess for some reason its not happening like that...Sad
i have changed the default view to linear in the ACP
but stil existing users have that threaded view until they also change it from ther CP
(2010-12-27, 09:36 PM)lucaskent Wrote: [ -> ]Well ok but i guess for some reason its not happening like that...Sad
i have changed the default view to linear in the ACP
but stil existing users have that threaded view until they also change it from ther CP

You'd need to run a MySQL query. I don't know MySQL though, so hopefully someone can help you.
Pages: 1 2