MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving Forum from one Domain to another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone advise me if it is easy to move a forum from one domain to another, currently I have the forum I use on myworld21.co.uk but I now have a new domain ukicehockey.com, and I want to host my forum on the later domain.

What is the easiest way to move my forum? is it just a case of moving the folder for my forum to my new domain? or do I need to change stuff (if so what?)
Well if the other domain uses the same host, then you only need to move the files, edit the settings of the url board and cookie domain and settings.

But if you have moved to another host, you will need to export then import your database to the new host, move your files. Here you will need to edit the same settings i have just mentioned, but also you will need to edit config.php and modify the information to the new suitable with the new database settings and name.

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:edit the settings of the url board and cookie domain and settings.

its the same host. what settings do I need to change?
If you could make it into the admin cp > settings

change the board url, and the cookie domain and path to suit the new url.

if you couldn't then open ./inc/settings.php find the settings over there and change them.

regards
is it that easy? do I not need to download anything to make sure I do not lose any of my registered users?
No as long as you are using the same hosting account, and you re just pointing another domain name to use this host then no.
If you have another account, then it is the same case as having moved to another host, at that time you need to export you db etc...