MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Emblems System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if someone can make a plugin that will let the admin/mods award members with emblems (small icons) to fit under their user names.

I'm looking for something similar to GameSpot's emblem system. Here's an example:

[Image: dWDVB.jpg]

So when an emblem is awarded to a user it will appear under his user name and when you hover over an emblem a description tooltip, describing what it is, will appear.

Is it possible?
I guess you could make user groups corresponding to each of the emblems and place the user into that group, combining it with JammerX2's Additional Usergroup Images plugin, but it won't give you the description tooltip you're looking for.
(2010-12-28, 08:01 AM)pqphillips Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you could make user groups corresponding to each of the emblems and place the user into that group, combining it with JammerX2's Additional Usergroup Images plugin, but it won't give you the description tooltip you're looking for.

tried it - it clutters the groups and is not very flexible. it also doesn't have the tooltip like you said, and it's a pain to add a user to a like 10 groups just for 10 emblems.

An awards or achievements system could do that.
Im in the middle of creating something like this.
(2010-12-28, 10:12 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]An awards or achievements system could do that.

Do you know of any, or just proposing someone make one?
(2010-12-28, 10:41 PM)wigiman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-28, 10:12 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]An awards or achievements system could do that.

I know of a few, the only decent is are paid. I can link you if you wish.
(2010-12-28, 10:44 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-28, 10:41 PM)wigiman Wrote: [ -> ]

I know of a few, the only decent is are paid. I can link you if you wish.

please do
For a more complex and comprehensive system, i recomend MyAcheivements
http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-My...8#pid44158