MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Specific Forum Viewable to Guest Only/Rest Not Viewable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to block all the forums from being seen by guests, except a welcome forum. Now I have successfully blocked all of them from being viewed by guests. No problem there. However the one forum I want guests to see, is not viewable to guests. I have check the category and forum permissions. Both are set so all user groups except guests will not see it, and that works. However despite the forum having permissions set for guests to view this forum, they are redirected directly to a log in page rather then seeing the guest forum.

I the past I have successfully done this on vBulletin forums, and phpbb forums, so this is nothing new to me, I just can't seem to get it working in MyBB.
In "Category" set guests to allow them to view. If you set "Category" un-view-able then it will effect all forums under that category.
set the category to be viewable by guests and then disable all the forums to be viewed other than the "welcome forum"
Yes i realize the child forum inherits permisions from the category. The cat is set to viewable but does not show up for guests.
(2010-12-28, 12:22 PM)Dimon Wrote: [ -> ]set the category to be viewable by guests and then disable all the forums to be viewed other than the "welcome forum"

Sorry if my op wasnt clear but this is exactly what i have done. The user forums are hidden from guests like they should be. However the guest cat and child forum simply refuse to show to guests despite the permissions set correctly. I have tripple checked the permissions to be correct. This is why i asked for help, because i am fully aware how to do it as i have done it many times before but this time it refuses to work.
Could you PM me your site URL and access to a temporary admin account so I can have a look at it?
PM sent.