MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: remove the title tag from admin page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all
i m new in this forum and i need to know how can i edit title and meta tag of admin panelConfused
Why would you need to do this?
(2010-12-28, 02:05 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you need to do this?
i want to do that to use manual seo in that
it will helpfull for search engine to read that and understand that
A search engine isn't going to visit your admin control panel.
(2010-12-28, 02:10 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]A search engine isn't going to visit your admin control panel.

ok i am not sure about it Sad
but if i have to change it then how can i do thatBig Grin
Well bots can't login to your ACP, so there really isn't any reason to do it. Besides, you should keep your ACP hidden from search engines so users can't find it.
Bots can and do index the Admin CP Login page. If you Google for "mybb control panel - login" there are a couple of hits. The login form is a normal page served as HTTP 200 OK so there's no reason for a bot not to index it (apart from the page being somewhat uninteresting).

It should probably have a robots noindex tag in the header or something (you could edit admin/inc/class_page.php for that), or just block it with robots.txt (however if you renamed your admin folder, doing this in robots.txt would make the admin folder name public again. as anyone can read robots.txt).

Security wise, this isn't an issue, as by default everyone knows that page anyway (if you haven't renamed your admin folder), and also if Google can find it, everyone else can find it too... long story short it's supposed to be secure despite the login URL being public knowledge.

(2010-12-29, 02:19 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Bots can and do index the Admin CP Login page. If you Google for "mybb control panel - login" there are a couple of hits. The login form is a normal page served as HTTP 200 OK so there's no reason for a bot not to index it (apart from the page being somewhat uninteresting).

It should probably have a robots noindex tag in the header or something (you could edit admin/inc/class_page.php for that), or just block it with robots.txt (however if you renamed your admin folder, doing this in robots.txt would make the admin folder name public again. as anyone can read robots.txt).

Security wise, this isn't an issue, as by default everyone knows that page anyway (if you haven't renamed your admin folder), and also if Google can find it, everyone else can find it too... long story short it's supposed to be secure despite the login URL being public knowledge.

cant understand it please explainConfused
any answer..???
HuhHuhHuhHuh
Still no answers...??????
frostschutz is explaining that Google bots "can" index your AdminCP > but due to the fact that they have "no username and password" they can't login. Also there is no need to "index" AdminCP as it is only a "Managing Part" of MyBB forums.
Pages: 1 2