MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I have about 2.5k members and I would like to send a mass mail.

However it can take over a day for it to complete.

I've set the 'per page' option to 200 and I've edited the task to run every minute however it's taken 12 hours to send 40% of users the email.

How can I speed this up? Undecided

Regards,
Make it 300 per page. :p
Post the settings you're using... check the task logs, is it actually running every minute?? Are you sure your host is going to want you to send thousands of emails in the space of a few minutes...??
What other settings would you like?

Also the host does not mind, I've asked my friend who hosts the website and he said it's not an issue with him.

It's running every hour or so at best...
Heres my take on this:

You have the task running every minute and trying to send 200 emails every time its ran. Assuming an email takes 0.5 second to go through (server opening remote connection to the recipient server and sending the email) thats only 120 emails in a minute, meaning your previous task has not even finished before its set to run again. If you happen to encounter a slow recipient server then its just gonna go downhill from there.

Instead, I would use something like 50 per page and run the task every 5 minutes. This way the task has ample time to send the emails and you'll be able to send about 600 emails in an hour and it will be more efficient.
(2010-12-29, 10:24 AM)sharadjalota456 Wrote: [ -> ]What other settings would you like?

The settings for the task run times...

It does sound like you're asking the server to work pretty hard, things are going to get backed up.
(2010-12-29, 11:46 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-29, 10:24 AM)sharadjalota456 Wrote: [ -> ]What other settings would you like?

The settings for the task run times...

It does sound like you're asking the server to work pretty hard, things are going to get backed up.

I've changed the task to run every 10 minutes now.

Logging is enabled and it runs Every Day of Every Month.