MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread/Post Moderation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys very interested in your software so far first impressions are very nice.

I'm looking for thread/post moderation and i see it is in this software and is very nice. Just a question on it. Is there a way to make it send emails to the admin/moderator on a new post/thread in a moderated thread, Or would this have to be a custom mod that i will have to get support on in another forum?

Regards
ozatomic
Well you do have the "Subscribe to this thread" down at the bottom of the threads. And then you got the "Subscribe to this forum" down at the bottom of the forums inside one category. If I understood you correctly.
Thats not what i'm asking. I want it to notify admins/Moderators on a new thread in forums. So that they can check there email and find out fi there is any new threads that they need to approve.
You can also subscribe to forums. Wink
Big Grin I see where you guys are coming from but i don't want to have to setup a user as a moderator and then have to get them or me to go through the forums and subscribe to them jsut so they can see what they have a new post to moderate. I'm just seeing if there is a simple way to add an option to the forum config or category config to say all moderated posts get sent to moderators of a forum, and/or Admin. Its just a suggestion. I will end up makign a mod to do myself if i find it easy to code.
ozatomic Wrote:Thats not what i'm asking.

That seems to quite common with MyBB general support

For if MyBB cant do something - then you get given a answer or get pointed to something you didnt actually ask for

While its safe to say some questions could be worded better by the poster as some things can get taken several ways - its like they bury their heads in the sand

Have a read though the back posts and see for yourself how many times users have said something along the lines of 'that wasnt what i asked'

LETS SEE HOW QUICK MyBB REMOVES THIS POST
Hello there,

Well as you know, by default each user should set his own options, including subscribing forums or threads. Now i can suggest several things
  • Include subscribing a forum in your forum moderator's guidlines, so that they know that whenever they are moderators they should subscribe their moderated forum.
  • Edit the html code so that wheter subscribing is selected or not, it will be considered as subscribed (this will affect all members)
  • Running a query where you specify all the moderators you want, this query will set yes to subscribing at once for all of whom you have selected.
  • Wait for a mod to me coded

Now hairy_armpit, dont worry , your post will not be deleted, even though it has been so general, and i'm really sorry even though that i (or we) appreciate and respect your comments, but you haven't been here for a quite long time, and it is not the way the people here deals with unsolved matters.

regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

I have made a quick code modification, that will automaticly subscribe the forum as user is assigned to mod, upon an admin adds him.

open ./admin/forums.php

Find
$db->insert_query(TABLE_PREFIX."moderators", $newmod); 

below it add

$subsc = array(
			"fid" => $fid,
			"uid" => $user['uid']
			);
			$db->insert_query(TABLE_PREFIX."forumsubscriptions", $subsc);

So now when you go and input someone's name in add a moderator then adds him, he will automaticaly subscribe in this forum.

regards
hairy_armpit Wrote:While its safe to say some questions could be worded better by the poster as some things can get taken several ways - its like they bury their heads in the sand
Mostly people are just trying to help, if an guy who tries to help thinks it's that the user is asking I see no reason why he shoulden't post. Probably other people thinks the same way and then the user can word what he is asking better. So. I can't understand your post at all.
People does not think alike. That's impossible.
zaher1988 Wrote:I have made a quick code modification, that will automaticly subscribe the forum as user is assigned to mod, upon an admin adds him.

open ./admin/forums.php

Find
$db->insert_query(TABLE_PREFIX."moderators", $newmod); 

below it add

$subsc = array(
			"fid" => $fid,
			"uid" => $user['uid']
			);
			$db->insert_query(TABLE_PREFIX."forumsubscriptions", $subsc);

So now when you go and input someone's name in add a moderator then adds him, he will automaticaly subscribe in this forum.

regards

Thank you for takign the time to answer my question and report back with some code. I have yet to sink my teeth into learning how the board is structed and codded so getting this simple mod from you has been great and I will try it out on the weekend some time. Looking at what you have just done it looks like i will be able to unsubscribe them the same way with ease.

Regards
ozatomic
The code as i have described before will subscribe any moderator to the forum he is assigned to moderate. this process will take place with the process of adding him as a moderator.

Unsbscribing will follow the old rule, from the USER CP, he should go there and unsbscribe if he likes to.

Regards
Pages: 1 2