MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Finishing setup error.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everything is good and at the end I get:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1
Query:
    INSERT INTO mybb_usergroups (`gid`,`type`,`title`,`description`,`namestyle`,`usertitle`,`stars`,`starimage`,`image`,`disporder`,`isbannedgroup`,`canview`,`canviewthreads`,`canviewprofiles`,`candlattachments`,`canpostthreads`,`canpostreplys`,`canpostattachments`,`canratethreads`,`caneditposts`,`candeleteposts`,`candeletethreads`,`caneditattachments`,`canpostpolls`,`canvotepolls`,`canundovotes`,`canusepms`,`cansendpms`,`cantrackpms`,`candenypmreceipts`,`pmquota`,`maxpmrecipients`,`cansendemail`,`maxemails`,`canviewmemberlist`,`canviewcalendar`,`canaddevents`,`canbypasseventmod`,`canmoderateevents`,`canviewonline`,`canviewwolinvis`,`canviewonlineips`,`cancp`,`issupermod`,`cansearch`,`canusercp`,`canuploadavatars`,`canratemembers`,`canchangename`,`showforumteam`,`usereputationsystem`,`cangivereputations`,`reputationpower`,`maxreputationsday`,`candisplaygroup`,`attachquota`,`cancustomtitle`,`canwarnusers`,`canreceivewarnings`,`canmodcp`,`maxwarningsday`) VALUES ('1','1','Guests','The default group that all visitors are assigned to unless they\'re logged in.','{username}','Unregistered','0','','','0','0','1','1','1','0','0','0','0','0','1','1','1','1','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','5','0','5','1','1','0','0','0','1','0','0','0','0','1','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','1','0','0','0','0','0','0') 

How do I fix this?
What are you even trying to do?? Upgrade from a previous version?? What??
Completely new install.
Please don't mark your post as best answer as it's not going to get you support any faster.

If it's a completely empty forum, brand new install, drop the tables in your database or delete the database and remake it.

However, if you are upgrading, run the upgrader and not the installer.
How do I delete those tables?

(I was just testing that best answer feature)
Go into phpMyAdmin and select your forums database on the left.
Scroll to the bottom and click Check All. To the right, select Drop from the dropdown menu.
You'll need to confirm this.

Warning: PLEASE DON'T DO THIS IF YOU HAVE A REALLY ACTIVE FORUM OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR FORUM DATA!!!!!
Did you press any of the buttons twice...?? Try running the installer again and make sure you only press the buttons once. It can't really be inserting the same row twice unless it's been told to run the same code twice.
OK I'll try that.
It's solved now but I got from time to time various mysql errors....
Really not much we can suggest if we have no indication as to what they are.