MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good ways to advertise?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
No, they probably thought, "There are things other BB software aren't doing as well as they should be or as well as we could do it. We'll create a new software that's better than those."

Read this: http://mybbrunway.com/articles/myideas-s...mmunities/
I'm going to be perfectly honest here (and I hope you don't take it personally either) but here's my advice. You have to pick your fights. Like in my situation, I'm working on something that 3 people have already done. But the thing is that they're small. So it'll be much easier than what you're trying to do. Gizmodo and Engadget are huge. And I'm not saying it will be impossible, but it will take a long to get that blog successful since those places are the exact thing yet they are much much bigger. To be honest, there hasn't been one idea that I've come up with that no one has ever done on the internet. So you just have to see if it's a feasible situation or not.
(2010-12-29, 02:28 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to be perfectly honest here (and I hope you don't take it personally either) but here's my advice. You have to pick your fights. Like in my situation, I'm working on something that 3 people have already done. But the thing is that they're small. So it'll be much easier than what you're trying to do. Gizmodo and Engadget are huge. And I'm not saying it will be impossible, but it will take a long to get that blog successful since those places are the exact thing yet they are much much bigger. To be honest, there hasn't been one idea that I've come up with that no one has ever done on the internet. So you just have to see if it's a feasible situation or not.
This is what im going to do. There are hugely popular sites now, that started when sites like IGN and Gamespot were already fairly huge.
OK, but so far you've failed to explain what competitive edge you have over those sites ... most of your content seems to simply be appropriated from other, objectively better sites, anyway.
(2010-12-29, 02:48 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]most of your content seems to simply be appropriated from other, objectively better sites, anyway.
How so?
Well where are you getting your content? Suspiciously, you don't give any sources for your writing.
Reviews, first hand experience

News, one article is listed as CBC, I'll add sources for the others if you wish Wink
(2010-12-29, 03:37 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Reviews, first hand experience

News, one article is listed as CBC, I'll add sources for the others if you wish Wink

Not "if I wish"; it's totally unethical to not source your news posts.
I looked up the quote about amazon sales just now, and engadget came up as a result. So I checked out engadget and they don't reference their sources. Yes they post the actual press release, but no reference to where they got it from.
The press release was their source. They wrote the rest on their own. Shocking, I know.

Engadget always posts the original source and, if they got it from another site, they post it under "VIA".
[Image: oNEan.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3