MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Group Promotions Problem - URGENT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

We are running MyBB for a community forum, we have set up a Group Promotion, so that users in the 'Registered' usergroup with a post count of 3 or more, are moved to a group called 'Registered Plus' - allowing users to gain access to certain threads.

However, this is not working, I have a set up a test account - made 4 posts, and the account was not promoted.

Please help me!
have u used "group promotion"??? in a right way?

Go to Add new promotion
then give a title and descritption
then promotion on post count
write post count3, and select greater than or equal to
check the original user group, in which the user was
now select the user group in which u want to place him
and save promotion

this will work fine
Did you allowed permissions of "Registered Plus" usergroup in that forum's "Category" too ?
I have disabled the 'Registered' group from posting in the forum, and allowed, the 'Registered Plus' to post instead.
(2010-12-29, 12:41 PM)shoaib Wrote: [ -> ]have u used "group promotion"??? in a right way?

Go to Add new promotion
then give a title and descritption
then promotion on post count
write post count3, and select greater than or equal to
check the original user group, in which the user was
now select the user group in which u want to place him
and save promotion

this will work fine

Sorry, shoaib - I didn't see your thread - I will try this now and see how I get on. Thanks for your quick reply!

Hello, My original promotion that I set up has finally moved my test account up - but it has taken along while - is this meant to happen?
I said: to set "allowed permissions" in "that forum's category" too.. Unless you edit forum's category, those users can't post in that forum, because permissions of categories effect al forums under it.
This is a sub-forum that I am preventing access to though? Thanks for your help, but I *think* I have fixed it - but the group promotions are taking a while to update - is this normal?
I can't believe no one's has said this yet, but the promotion task runs every 30 minutes IIRC. If you want it instant you can set it to every minute, but talk to your host about it because they may not like that.
Sorry, I may sound idiotic, pyridine Smile, how can I change the settings from 30 mins - and what's 'IIRC' Confused
Tools & Maintenance > Task Manager > Promotion System

IIRC = If I Recall/Remember/Read Correctly (In that case I was wrong, it runs every 20 minutes)
I'll ask my host now.
Pages: 1 2 3