MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for beta testers for a new service.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Myself and 2 other partners have invested a lot of time and money into a new company we are building and before we start to launch our service we would like to get some people to help us test it. While I don't want to release to much information this early into development, the service itself is an offsite backup service but it is a unique in many aspects.

I am looking for a few users who can assist in testing the service out. Mainly you would use the service as normal and just report any issues you experience. This service is mainly focused toward Linux users (actually it's meant for people running Linux servers) but there is Windows support.

+Linux server usage a huge plus.
+Linux home usage a plus.
+Linux experience desired.
+SSH knowledge a must.

Here's some specifics to the beta program:
No disk space quota/limit during the beta.
Bandwidth is not limited but will be monitored and restricted if deemed necessary.
No set duration but if you wish to continue using us after the beta we will offer you an extremely reduced price.

Contact me directly for more information if you are interested. Must be willing to sign an NDA if requested (may be required based on various factors such as location and MyBB.com history).
PM'd.
How much SSH knowledge is needed.
Enough to login to SSH and rsync. Wink

Hint:
ssh [email protected]
and
rsync -avz /home/user/files/to/backup [email protected]:/
I just want to update this thread instead of sending our individual PMs to those who were interested in this (60 seconds between each PM is annoying).

We have wiped the server of all of the test data and rebuilt the OS with what will hopefully be the final configurations as we prepare to go live, or at least open a public beta. If you're interested in helping us test this let me know before we open the public beta to get your free account (free 10GB disk space, no NDA required).

Thanks! Big Grin
I'm interested, I run a Linux VPS.