MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions set, but guests still able to view categories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having some problems getting permissions to work, I have a category that only moderators and admins should see. I have set the permissions as such but both guests and registered users can see the category, and the forums within, but not any of the contents of those forums.

I must mention that this MyBB installation has been converted from vBulletin, I have done the conversion twice now with a fresh install of MyBB 1.6.1 first with importing permissions and then without importing permissions, but the same problem persists.

As you can see bellow, the permissions are set:
http://i.imgur.com/p9lSu.jpg

However, guests and registered users are still able to see that these forums exist:
http://i.imgur.com/BDQmq.jpg

I have tested these same permissions settings on a fresh install of MyBB 1.6.1 and it works as intended, I have no non-default Plugins installed and see no obvious things that could be stopping these permissions from saving.
Set the permissions of the forums as well.
u can use the plugin guests cant view the forum contents...

link:here
1. He doesn't need that.
2. That's for threads, not forums.
(2010-12-29, 06:47 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Set the permissions of the forums as well.

The permissions show as 'inherited' from the parent Category, and even when I set the permissions again manually as if to override the inheritance the forums still show for guests.

I have also tried rebuilding every cache and counters, but nothing seems to help.
That's really weird then. Do you have any plugins installed?
The only Plugins present are:
"Hello World! (1.0)", which is deactivated
"Login Password Conversion (1.0)", which I just deactivated to test and now will not re-activate because "This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1601"...
I really don't feel like running the converter again, takes an age to convert 180,000 posts Sad

Edit: Scratch that, edited the file and got it activated again.
After much frustration and testing, how this problem did not happen with a fresh install of MyBB. I realised that the converter also imports settings so I checked them, so hidden away under "Forum Home Options" was the option 'Hide Private Forums?' which was set to No.

So thank you very much for your help pyridine but I have thankfully solved the issue.