MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Word Filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some time ago I downloaded a template word filter file. However, it wasn't very good. Whilst it did indeed filter a good number of swear words, it seemed to have been made by a kid who had a very fun time thinking of every naughty word he could! In the process, many words that are completely innocent in normal context are now filtered. So, what I want to do...
  • Remove the mickey mouse word list that is installed
  • Hopefully find a better one so I don't have to manually enter lots of words
  • Change it so these words are replaced with asterisks instead of [CENSORED]
Any help appreciated, thanks. My biggest problem is that through the ACP I can only edit on an individual basis.
you will need to manually edit the mybb_badwords table if you want to make bulk changes
This is so strange. I figured it out in phpMyAdmin and all the fields are blank now, so it shows asterisks in Word Filters. Clearly the changes have been made and it should have worked. (Though I backed up the old table in case.) It still shows the red "[censored]" though instead of the asterisks, which contradicts the ACP. Confused
rebuild the bad words cache in the acp > tools and maintenance > cache
Learn something new every day. Thanks. Smile