MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change the default mybb engine name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i see that when the board handle itself to send automated mails and alerts, the sender name will be "mybb engine"
where can we change this to something like "system"

and also when we click on popups, it says .myBB() or something, can we rename it also?
Edit the global language file, located in inc/languages/english/global.lang.php.

In that file, find:

$l['mybb_engine'] = "MyBB Engine";

Replace with:

$l['mybb_engine'] = "System";

About your second question, which "popups" are you talking about?
(2010-12-29, 08:10 PM)TheGodFather Wrote: [ -> ]and also when we click on popups, it says .myBB() or something, can we rename it also?

You mean basically rename all occurrences of 'MyBB' in all the javascript...?? Why would you need to do that??
Thanks spencer and sorry,
I made that edit by going to ACP->Configuration->Languages->English->Global.lang.php and edited that word Smile

Hey matt,
to use the custom names like if its regarding "smilies"
.smilies()
as to make it display what is its function.
so can we change the functions name too?
Just go through the code and edit every occurrence of it if you really need to rename them.
There's no real need to edit the functions...
ok. thanks matt
(2010-12-29, 10:25 PM)Spencer Wrote: [ -> ]Edit the global language file, located in inc/languages/english/global.lang.php.

In that file, find:

$l['mybb_engine'] = "MyBB Engine";

Replace with:

$l['mybb_engine'] = "System";

Sorry to necropost, but can you change this to an actual user? I have an account on my board which I like to use as a robot.
Is there a way to use mybb engine to send warnings? i.e - instead of changing user to "system", it would send them a warning from "system" as default?
Pages: 1 2