MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking For Reviewers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Review-Zone is my first blog and it's coming along nicely. But Reviewing lots of products alone isnt very easy. So I have decided to ask here for any volunteers Big Grin

The job:
-No limit as to how many apply, the more the merrier!
-Must have English as your primary language
-Should have a next-gen console for testing (not strictly necessary, but its a bonus Smile)
-Good grammar skills
-Be able to publish a minimum of 1-2 articles a week
-Ability to write original articles (No copy/pasting!)

The perks:
-Flexible (if you need a break/vacation or you want to publish a whole set of reviews we can talk about it Smile)
-Free stuff* (if you like reviewing FPS games, and a new CoD is about to come out, and the developers want to send us a copy - it could be heading right for your door!)
-A sense of pride, seeing your work online.
-Your own column/category (if you wish, and you'll put the work in to maintain it!)

*This is a work in progress, once we get some more articles and a bit more exposure we will be contacting manufacturers!

If you want to apply please see here: Join Us!
Your request must be MYBB Related.
(2010-12-29, 09:01 PM)Violation Wrote: [ -> ]Your request must be MYBB Related.

Already got this approved by Tim B Wink
So, why do you get special treatment? Dodgy

The rest of us can't post non-MyBB related sites, so why do you get to? I'd like some explanation on this please.
Well, it is aimed to get MyBB users involved. And, we will be adding a forum.
While I really like the theme of your site, I don't see any special perks of writing for this site. For starters, how is one even supposed to know what games to review? Typically I go to gamestop or some similar site to check up on the latest games and subsequently read the reviews there. I don't really see how this site will be differentiated from the rest. Also, I think the chances of major companies such as EA sending games to you are very slim considering sites such as gamestop are out there.

I mean its a very cool idea but I don't really see it being very successful. If you could clear up these issues, I may be interested Big Grin
Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but those sites have grown from nothing, just like I am to do Wink

Content is what we need Smile that's why I need help
Yeah! Every big site has started from nothing, including Google. So keep up the content and bring in a lot of ideas. Your site has got a good potential.

But just like others, i too wonder why Tim B allowed a site here which is not currently using MyBB.
This looks great i might apply i emailed you for a few reviews not got one back though.
(2010-12-30, 03:02 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah! Every big site has started from nothing, including Google. So keep up the content and bring in a lot of ideas. Your site has got a good potential.

But just like others, i too wonder why Tim B allowed a site here which is not currently using MyBB.

Right but google was one of the first search engines and it's a search engine. There's a hueg difference between search engines and content-providing sites.
Pages: 1 2