MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue. (fresh install)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have attached an image of the error I am receiving. I am using WAMP, (default install) and the MyBB software is a fresh download.
Currently MyBB does not support MySQL 5.5, but it will be compatible for next release.

You can try downgrading MySQL to 5.1 or 5.0.
So the solution is to downgrade? Thanks anyway man.
(2010-12-30, 01:49 AM)sunjester Wrote: [ -> ]I have attached an image of the error I am receiving. I am using WAMP, (default install) and the MyBB software is a fresh download.

This seems to come about due to recent changes in MySQL 5.5. For the time being if its possible, try using a MySQL version <5.5 or if thats not possible then you'll have to find all instances of TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM in all the the files in the install folder
(2010-12-30, 02:02 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]This seems to come about due to recent changes in MySQL 5.5. For the time being if its possible, try using a MySQL version <5.5 or if thats not possible then you'll have to find all instances of TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM in all the the files in the install folder

I will try this, and if this is really the case why wasn't it just done before the release?
If it's a fresh new install, this file could help. It's patched.
It goes in /install/resources/.
(2010-12-30, 02:04 AM)sunjester Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-30, 02:02 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]This seems to come about due to recent changes in MySQL 5.5. For the time being if its possible, try using a MySQL version <5.5 or if thats not possible then you'll have to find all instances of TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM in all the the files in the install folder

I will try this, and if this is really the case why wasn't it just done before the release?

Because this was found out after the release was released. It has been fixed in the repository and the next release will have this fixed.
Sweet, it worked, thank you. Gotta love perl+regex Smile. This is solved.