MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Set a min width for my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-12-30, 05:33 AM)Spencer Wrote: [ -> ]It's because you have some of my post's content in your CSS file.

http://www.wigitalk.com/forums/cache/the...global.css

(Look at the beginning of the file).

Remove that the post content, and try again. Smile

I'm confused Huh
If you would like, you can send me a private message with your admin login details for your forum, and I'll fix it for you. Smile
PM sent.
Try this...
[attachment=21041]

Replace the contents of your current global stylesheet with the contents in the attached stylesheet.

Make sure to make a backup of your current global stylesheet.

(2010-12-30, 06:01 AM)Spencer Wrote: [ -> ]Try this...

Replace the contents of your current global stylesheet with the contents in the attached stylesheet.

Make sure to make a backup of your current global stylesheet.

Impressive! You almost got it! Check www.wigitalk.com - everything is perfect except for the centering of the whole thing. For some reason it's aligned to the left right now.
Oops, forgot to add a style.

Locate the #container style, and replace it with this:

#container {
    color: #000;
    text-align: left;
    line-height: 1.4;
    margin: 0;
    -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px 1px #333;
    -ms-filter: "progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(Strength=4, Direction=100, Color='#333333')";
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(Strength=4, Direction=100, Color='#333333');
    font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;
    font-size: 13px;
	width: 990px;
    margin: auto auto;
}
(2010-12-30, 06:23 AM)Spencer Wrote: [ -> ]Oops, forgot to add a style.

Locate the #container style, and replace it with this:

#container {
    color: #000;
    text-align: left;
    line-height: 1.4;
    margin: 0;
    -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px 1px #333;
    -ms-filter: "progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(Strength=4, Direction=100, Color='#333333')";
    filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(Strength=4, Direction=100, Color='#333333');
    font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;
    font-size: 13px;
	width: 990px;
    margin: auto auto;
}

That did the trick. Thank you! The only difference I can see now (which is not a big deal) is that the forum looks more narrow on higher resolutions (i.e. 1920x1080) since you didn't use % but a fixed px value.

EDIT: managed to make it look the same by tweaking the resolutions. Thanks again!
Pages: 1 2