MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I can't upload attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It doesn't give me an error or anything, it just takes a really long time to load and then the page refreshes and there is no attachment...

Is there any way to fix this?
It may about your host.
I had this problem.It was about host...

You make sure that your setting is true.
CHMOD your ./uploads/ folder to 777 or 755
(2010-12-30, 07:29 AM)Jondan Wrote: [ -> ]It may about your host.
I had this problem.It was about host...

You make sure that your setting is true.

Make sure what setting is true?

(2010-12-30, 07:35 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]CHMOD your ./uploads/ folder to 777 or 755

My uploads folder was already 777 and I changed it to 755. No difference. Still just refreshes without the attachment added.

I was googling a bit and I found out that the MyBB site had this problem back in 2008 does any one know exactly what they did to fix it?
Do you have this problem for other file types? It is possible your host does not allow .zip files to be uploaded via PHP I suppose.
Well thats weird.... .css and .txt files uploaded perfectly fine. But my zips were working, like... 1 week ago.

So this is defiantly a hosting problem right?

EDIT: OH CRAP! Now my small zip files are working too! I don't know what was wrong.... I'll try uploading something a little bigger. I'm supposed to have like a 10 mb limit I think.

EDIT 2: So I can't upload a 5 mb file. When my limit is supposed to be 10, and it says in my ACP 6. So I'll contact the host and try to solve this. Thanks for your help guys, and I would select a best answer but I'm not really sure was wrong xP
Yes, some hosts don't allow large files to upload on there server.