MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible Bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks

First - let me introduce myself! I'm Bugs, the admin of The Bunnyboard - currently based on Proboards. I have a good gang of members and am looking at alternatives for running a forum on my own rented server space (which I already have).

I've gone through all the bits about unzipping mybb, sorting out the database, putting the contents of the uploads folder on the server, setting the 666 and 777's, doing the install thingy - and everything is there - I've even loaded a theme which works OK.

The bit I can't find is - how do I DELETE a category or forum? The "options" buttons aren't working in "Forum Management" - I click on them and nothing happens? maybe that's where the delete option normally is?

I'm brand new to myBB so don't want to start messing about with code in case this is a common/known problem.

url: www.bunnyboard.org/forum
I'm currently using Google Chrome as my main browser

Thanks for any help you can give.

Cheers

Bugs

Yes the delete option is under the options. Have you tried a different browser to see if this cross browsers or limited to chrome only?
(2010-12-30, 09:58 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Yes the delete option is under the options. Have you tried a different browser to see if this cross browsers or limited to chrome only?

I'll give Firefox & IE a try Smile

(2010-12-30, 10:19 AM)thumper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-30, 09:58 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Yes the delete option is under the options. Have you tried a different browser to see if this cross browsers or limited to chrome only?

I'll give Firefox & IE a try Smile

OK - the options buttons don't work (for me) in Chrome, IE or Firefox
small script at bottom left of page says "javascript:;" and nothing happens....

Maybe I should try a re-install?

Are all the files properly uploaded?

Reinstalling won't do much unless you changed something in the templates or jscripts that caused this problem

Can you provide a temporary test admin account and url? You can PM me the details.
Reupload ./jscripts/ and ./admin/jscripts/ and their contents, sounds like you're missing some javascript files.
(2010-12-30, 10:49 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Reupload ./jscripts/ and ./admin/jscripts/ and their contents, sounds like you're missing some javascript files.

okeydokey

(2010-12-30, 11:00 AM)thumper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-30, 10:49 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Reupload ./jscripts/ and ./admin/jscripts/ and their contents, sounds like you're missing some javascript files.

okeydokey

OK I did that, but the "options" buttons are still not working...

Wonder if the original zip file was incomplete?

name: mybb_1601
size: 1,829kb

okeydokey

okeydokey

OK I did that, but the "options" buttons are still not working...

Wonder if the original zip file was incomplete?

name: mybb_1601
size: 1,829kb

Thanks guys! You sorted it.

The original zip either didn't contain all of the jscript files or they weren't unpacked properly. On your advice I tried another zip download and ftp'd the directories again. Sorted things a treat.

Cheers!!