MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1054 - Unknown column 'reason' in 'field list'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'reason' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_posts SET reason='' WHERE pid='9'
Any time I try to edit a post using the quick or full editor, I get this error. I am not sure if it is related to a modification or not because I do not recall installing any modification between the times it worked fine, and the time the error start happening.

Tried searching and found tons of 1054 errors, just not this one. :s
Did you upgraded your forum ?
Disable any plugins that were made for 1.4 or older.
(2010-12-30, 05:42 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Did you upgraded your forum ?
No, its a clean install of 1.6.1.
(2010-12-30, 05:45 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Disable any plugins that were made for 1.4 or older.
Well I had to change the scripts to install in the first place so I dont know which ones were made for 1.4 just by looking at the php file. I just changed the version number to 1.6 to make it compatible.
If this is a clean install, with no contents, members etc, try reinstalling your forums. The installer seems to have missed some stuff.
Not every 1.4 plugin work with 1.6. Try to enlist your "Installed" plugins here please.
(2010-12-30, 06:05 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]If this is a clean install, with no contents, members etc, try reinstalling your forums. The installer seems to have missed some stuff.
I said it was a clean install. I didnt say it still was. :p
(2010-12-30, 06:05 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Not every 1.4 plugin work with 1.6. Try to enlist your "Installed" plugins here please.
Yes I have been running forums for years, so I realize this. Problem is I didnt notice it till long after i stopped installing plug ins and it was stable last time i checked after adding plug ins. Here is the list though:
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/853/plug1.jpg
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3707/plug2.jpg
Enable each plugin one at a time to determine which plugin caused the error Smile
De-activate:
Thank You like system by G33K
Edit history Log
(2010-12-30, 06:14 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Enable each plugin one at a time to determine which plugin caused the error Smile

I think I will wait just a bit longer to see if any one can identify which plug in is causing the problem before I go that route. And it just paid off rite before I could post this lol.

Speaking of disabling plug ins, in vBulletin its possible to insert a small piece of code into the config file to disable all hooks which disabled all plug ins at one. This was quite usefull at time for trouble shooting or if a defective plug in was causing log in problems.

(2010-12-30, 06:19 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]De-activate:
Thank You like system by G33K
Edit history Log
Thanks that worked! I tested these one by one to pin point which one specifically was the root of the problem. Looks like it was the edit history log.

Thanks for help. You guys are FAST lol.
Pages: 1 2