MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrading from 1.0.3 to 1.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone advise me how to upgrade from my current version of myBB to 1.1.1, last time I tried upgrading (to 1.0.4) I had some troubles

is there any files from the download I do not install?
Just download this. and replace the existing file on ur server.

However be aware that in case you had any of the files modified! you will lose these modifications, so you'd better do that manually by following the instructions here.

Regards
do I replace the file config.php that comes with the download?
No, you need to have the inc/settings.php and the inc/config.php to upgrade if you don't wanna loose the settings and the configs you currently have.
so should I delete them (config and settings) from the zip file before extracting them and then upload?
steven21 Wrote:so should I delete them (config and settings) from the zip file before extracting them and then upload?
Yes, that is exactly what you should do. Download this file, delete inc/settings.php and inc/config.php, unzip, and upload, replacing all other files. You will NOT have to run the upgrader.
just done the upload, but it is still reading 1.0.3 when I do the version check in the admin cp
The link i have provided has only the needed files to replace it doesn't include the settings.php and config.php.

he is using 1.0.3 so he only need to replace these files he doesnt have to replace all the files.

regards
I will give your method a go zaher, just looked a little complicated
see this:

=====================
6. member.php
=====================

Find:
--
	$plugins->run_hooks("member_login");
--

UNDER it add:
--