MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lucid Dreams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Discuss lucid dreaming here. Smile

I for one, want to know how to 'lucid dream' (I have done it a few times) every night. Oh the fun I could have with that... Toungue
I don't think it's something you can induce, I wish it was though. Inception-style dream machines aren't real unfortunately Toungue
Is it me or are threads about dreaming/sleeping/nightmare/sleep paralysis becoming common here this week XD
I've read a little about this too. You actually can train yourself to know when you're in a dream, it's just really hard. You have to remember to check if you're in reality i.e. asking yourself "Does this make sense?" if it doesn't, then you know you're in a dream. Some people do it differently though. Like I've heard of people that do something every time they wake up, then they notice in the dream they never woke up.
(2010-12-30, 11:50 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Is it me or are threads about dreaming/sleeping/nightmare/sleep paralysis becoming common here this week XD

I was just about to say that, theres been an inflow of sleep/dream related threads here of late. Its like everyone just got back from watching inception Toungue
Yeah, I got this idea from another thread. But, it hasn't been taken. Wink I'm going to try to train myself with reality checks, and a goal in mind to do a lucid dreams.

If you happen to get into one, what would you do?

I'd fly around the world, and like who knows. Maybe become a trillionare and just blow my money. Toungue
It's getting to the stage of being able to ask myself if it makes sense though that I can't do, they just sort of 'happen', and I can only think about it once I've woken up.

My dad has dreams that he gets up, gets washed and dressed, has breakfast and is about to go to work, and then he wakes up. Sometimes he just dreams he wakes up, goes through that process again, and then wakes up again, and he's only actually now awake. He doesn't like it.
I've had a dream where I said "Is this a dream?" then decided "Nah" and went back to whatever I was dreaming about. Toungue

Also, I feel sorry for your dad.
(2010-12-30, 11:44 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's something you can induce, I wish it was though. Inception-style dream machines aren't real unfortunately Toungue

It is definitely something you can induce. Try poking your finger through the palm of your other hand several times a day, every day. You'll eventually start doing it in your dreams, and your finger will go through your hand in the dream, at which point you realize you are dreaming.

Also if you go on Uberman's sleep schedule then lucid dreams will occur very frequently.
This is on my wishlist for 2011. These spiritual things sound awesome. Toungue
Pages: 1 2