MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: find version of mybb via a database?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my old databases which I never delete but I do not remember what version of mybb they were running....lol

Does a table exist that I can find via phpmyadmin in my database that will tell me what version of mybb it was?

Thanks
Awesome...thanks
Thanks. Smile
That's not a great way of explaining it, you may have multiple footer templates with different sids with different version codes; if you edit a template I believe it stores the version you edited it on, so the version of the footer template you find might not have the latest version code associated with it. You'll have to find the one that has an sid of -2 to be able to reply on this.

To make this clearer; say the 1.4.13 > 1.4.14 update edited the footer template, and you edited the footer template in the ACP when running 1.4.2. The version number by the edited template would be 1402, so if you find that one first you'd think you were on 1.4.2, when really you're on 1.4.13; if you looked at the footer template that had an sid of -2, it would say 1413.
hmm.. Thanks for clarification.
Run this query from PHPMyAdmin
SELECT * FROM `mybb_datacache` WHERE title=`version`;
(replace mybb with your table prefix)

You'll see the version number in the cache column, something like this:
a:2:{s:7:"version";s:5:"1.6.1";s:12:"version_code";i:1601;}

As you can see, that's from a 1.6.1 installation.
That is perfect Pirata.
Edited, thanks for the help !