MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guest Message ONLY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey. How do I make a custom message that only Guests/not logged in people can see?
I wanted to sorta put a warm welcoming message but only Guests could see it, and I don't know how.

Help anyone?

FW
open ./global.php

find

PHP Code:
eval("\$welcomeblock = \"".$templates->get("header_welcomeblock_guest")."\";"); 

above it add

PHP Code:
$guest_message "<div class=\"trow1\"> hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii </div>";�� 

you may customize it the way you want i have just made a simple one.

now in any template just add $guest_message

regards
It says there is no
eval( "\$welcomeblock = \"" .$templates-> get("header_welcomeblock_guest")."\";" ); 

??
FirefoxWiz Wrote:It says there is no
eval( "\$welcomeblock = \"" .$templates-> get("header_welcomeblock_guest")."\";" ); 

??

Cause its

eval("\$welcomeblock = \"".$templates->get("header_welcomeblock_guest")."\";");

There are spaces after the ( en before )
Still not working. Here's my code.

{	$guest_message = "<div class=\"trow1\"> Howdy there Guest! Welcome to Firefox Forums! Hope you enjoy what you see and might even consider joining!</div>" ;
	eval("\$welcomeblock = \"".$templates->get("header_welcomeblock_guest")."\";");
}

Anything wrong? I uploaded it and logged out but my message didn't appear!

FW
zaher1989 Wrote:you may customize it the way you want i have just made a simple one.

now in any template just add $guest_message

Did you do this?
Where do I put $guest_message ? In which template ???

If you want Guests to see it as soon as they come onto the forum, I suggest putting it in the header template, but this will mean it will display on every page.

Or you could put it in the Index templates, above the line "$forums"
Thanks CraKteR!!! It works now.

FW
Pages: 1 2 3