MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Nebulous 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's mostly the shadowing that you've added. It looks completely out of place and the purple links don't look right with the yellow at all.
(2011-01-19, 05:33 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]It's mostly the shadowing that you've added. It looks completely out of place...

Odd, as it's the exact same shadow used for the menu, table foot, and page foot...

(2011-01-19, 05:33 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]...and the purple links don't look right with the yellow at all.

Any ideas for colors that will look good with the yellow (and probably the red one too), but still fit in with the theme (ideally the header links could also use it)? It's awfully monochromatic as it is, so a very minor secondary color would be nice to throw in. I just can't think of any that aren't cliche that still look good.
I'm not entirely sure. TBH, Id never choose to work with purple or yellow really unless a client begged me =P
Which is why I'm working on a premium purple theme; there are so few that people wanting one would have to consider mine.

I decided to go with the traditional teal as a secondary color, and now I get to rework the theme so it fits in rather than feeling like a last minute change.
Progress?! WTFBBQ!

I did a little more work, mostly getting the buttons done. I also redid the background. I still have a few buttons to go, and a couple where I'm unsure about the icons. I also am trying a new position for the counters, but don't have a screenshot yet.

After the buttons are done, I just need to do the pagination and some template edits for consistency, and it will be ready for beta.
Rawr everybody!

I figured I'm so close to being finished, rather than post a limited image I could post a live preview and beta test for the theme.

I would appreciate it if people would go through and make sure I didn't make any stupid little mistakes, or forget anything.

You can preview it here.
I think the postbit buttons is too big
I actually like it, it's surprisingly refreshing. Nice work!
I realized yesterday at around midnight that I had completely forgotten to style the quote and code boxes. I got it done, as well as some basic visual distinction for unapproved posts, and the changes are ready for comment (obviously you can't comment on the unapproved posts since you can't see them, it basically just adds a slight purple tint to the background).
Made a couple of little changes to make it work better on an iPad! iPhone and iPod Touch are untested, but due to their relatively small screens probably still difficult to use. I currently have no plans to target them, though.
Pages: 1 2