MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Nebulous 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To help celebrate the new year, I figured I would post a screenshot of my latest WIP: A redo of Nebulous that is cleaner and (I hope) more professional. I designed it so that it should be easy to make alternate colors if I so choose. I hope to sell it like Vulpine on ShopMyBB.

Edit: Live preview is now available here!
Looking elegant, but I suggest to round the corners of tables to approx. 5 px . Other then that, nice colors. Wink
I don't like cat discription on bottom, it makes the forum look to big :/
Not bad... I think you could add some more white...
I would agree that rounded corners would work great, but other than that it looks good.
Rawr, I'm still working on this (a little at a time). I ended up trying out the rounded corners and liked them a lot.

The biggest changes are the addition of rounded corners in the browsers that support it (while still looking good in IE), removing the avatar from the panel (doesn't work right without plugins for people w/o avvies), and adding a background to said panel.

As you can see, I still have to add a few things like the buttons, as well as indicators and backgrounds for things that need them.

This theme uses the same forum column layout as Vulpine (as in copy/paste Toungue) because I like it's simplicity without removing information from the user's view.
Text is far too big.
I also don't like Pages: 1 2 3 :: Replies: 20 in that position at all.
It has potential but I wouldn't buy it as it is atm.
Not really liking the new pm or unread report bars tbqh. The background doesn't do anything for me either neither do the purple links in the header/nav... Sorry to sound so negative, there are just a lot of things I think you could work on.
Pink or purple text on a pink or purple background looks bad. I would get rid of all that (and change it to something else).
(2011-01-18, 08:02 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Not really liking the new pm or unread report bars tbqh.

Anything helpfully specific about them, or just a vague dislike?

(2011-01-18, 08:02 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]The background doesn't do anything for me either

I'll probably be changing the background a bit since my original idea for the theme (easily have multiple colors) isn't going to happen.

(2011-01-18, 08:02 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]the purple links in the header/nav...

Tierney Wrote:Pink or purple text on a pink or purple background looks bad. I would get rid of all that (and change it to something else).

I agree that they are difficult to read. However, I'm stuck for ideas to keep them from looking like the regular text, so suggestions are good.
Pages: 1 2