MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating a Homepage.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there. My forum is doing pretty well so far, thanks to MyBB which totally rocks.

Our content grows quickly, and I need to put some organization, highlighting important and featured content, etc.

So I want a Homepage. One where I can have full customization, columns, blocks, etc.

All I need is a... empty portal. Where I can edit pretty much everything:
All HTML blocks, background, style/theme (if possible, not necessary), etc.

I have not found portal mods that give me much freedom. Can you recommend me one?
Thanks! That is very efficient!
Is there a way to make the portal the site's default page? I mean, if my site is www.example.com, when my users go to that link, they are redirected to www.example.com/index.php (which is the forum), but what if I wanted to redirect them to www.example.com/portal.php ?
You can go into your CPanel (Not the FTP) and redirect users when they go to www.example.com to www.example.com/portal.php

There is a plugin for it which is at http://mods.mybb.com/view/portal-redirect-for-1-6

I recommend using your your CPanel for redirections though =).

Hope I helped =D
Thanks! I think I will use the CPanel method :3
If you want to redirect your users first to portal page when they type your domain name, add following code to your .htaccess file:

DirectoryIndex portal.php