MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB3, group_id and missing users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After converting (MyBB Merge System 1.6.0) phpBB3 to MyBB i've discovered a few missing users. Since no errors occured i've looked into the source wondering about the following part ("/mybb_merge_1600/convert/boards/phpbb3/users.php", line 40 & 68):

Quote:user_id > 0 AND username != 'Anonymous' AND group_id != 6

Is group_id = 6 excluded for a special reason? You may guess which group my missing users belongs to Toungue
I'm not sure what Ryan Gordon's reason for that was. He wrote that before I took over Merge System development. Can you tell me what group is #6?
At our forum it's one of five custom defined groups, nothing special.

I dunno, perhabs it is a system group with a new installed phpBB, but it seems to change those id once in while.
Our other group_id are between 271 and 288 with gaps Huh I doubt those group_id are caused by some strange hack, but i don't know for sure.

But i know i gonna hate phpBB more and more Toungue
If you edited a pre-defined group to create your custom group, then yes it makes sense. But once a group_id is used, it will never be used again even if its deleted. UNLESS someone resets the count in the database.
Ok, the default phpBB3 group_id 6 is the BOTS group. Which is why it is ignored. Sadly you've modified that.

To fix it, on your phpBB3 database you can run the following queries (PLEASE BACKUP YOUR PHPBB3 DB FIRST, I DON'T HAVE A DB TO TEST THESE QUERIES ON!), please replace the 500 with a number from your "gap" you talked about above:
UPDATE `phpbb_user_group` SET `group_id` '500' WHERE `group_id` = '6';
UPDATE `phpbb_users` SET `group_id` '500' WHERE `group_id` = '6';

And then do the Merge again (this all assumes that you did a test merge and haven't opened your board yet, if you have, well then you'll need a custom repair & convert script instead).

To perform the Merge again, you need to revert to a backup of your MyBB board from before you merged. If you didn't make one, you'll need to re-install MyBB.

If you just re-do the merge, it'll screw up because it will double everything.
It was a test merge.

I have modified my copy of merge - i haven't thought about simply updating group_id. Well, i know php much better than sql Blush

Thanks a lot, maybe this will help others Smile
Does it have anything to do with the problem I encountred when merging from phpbb3
http://community.mybb.com/thread-82937.html
Some of my users were converted as Guests, thier posts have been converted as made by guests !!
No, in the merge group id 6 is totally ignored. Making any users who are members of group 6 ignored as well. Your issue was/is something different.