MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin to Add Members ONLY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I make someone an admin and only give them permission to add new members? Seems like it should be relatively easy to do, but I have yet to figure it out.

Thank you in advance. And please keep it as simple as possible. I am not a programmer, but I am somewhat technologically inclined Smile
Login ACP >> Configuration >> Board Settings >> User Registration and Profile Options >> Registration Method use the drop down menu and Use Admin Activation >> save settings.
I know that is the way to make all members have to go through admin activation, but I want to add a member from the community to help me out with the activations. Is there a way to make a member an admin and only give them permissions to add members manually?
just give them specific permission Users & Groups >> User Groups >> members and set it, or create a custom user group with specific permission.
I would like this person to only be able to access parts of the Admin CP and not all of it. Is this possible? Or is it an all or nothing kind of situation?

I did try what you suggested, but when I logged in with the "test" account, the entire Admin area was accessible.
Go to Users & Groups > Admin Permissions
just simply add the member to admin group then

(2011-01-02, 07:12 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Go to Users & Groups > Admin Permissions

Select the member and then allow or disallow the options you want.
Thank you adbrad and pyridine Smile That solved the problem. Much appreciated.