MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Categories on the Index Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alternatively, you can set the permissions so that only certain usergroups can see the category and forums underneath it...
(2011-01-02, 08:05 AM)pqphillips Wrote: [ -> ]Alternatively, you can set the permissions so that only certain usergroups can see the category and forums underneath it...

He wanted to hide them, not disallow them.
That's why you remove the ability to view the category and forums while leaving the ability to post, reply and post polls intact.
(2011-01-02, 08:24 AM)pqphillips Wrote: [ -> ]That's why you remove the ability to view the category and forums while leaving the ability to post, reply and post polls intact.

If you remove the ability to view you will get the "No Permissions" page when you try to access it.
(2011-01-02, 08:31 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-02, 08:24 AM)pqphillips Wrote: [ -> ]That's why you remove the ability to view the category and forums while leaving the ability to post, reply and post polls intact.

If you remove the ability to view you will get the "No Permissions" page when you try to access it.

My plan is to have a lot of small sites using the same forum so that their login information and post count will be the same, but the main forum doesnt need all the categories that the small sites are using and just use forum display categories.

---side note but cool idea----------
You know I just thought of a good plugin that I might actually pay for... if there is script that will display certain categories by changing a little of the link
like for example

index.php?show=1
-> shows category 1,3 ,5

index.php?show=2
->shows category 1,2,3,4

index.php?show=3
->shows category 1,2,5

Then it will look like you have multiple forums in one forum script

I dont think it will be hard script to make because it would be a variation on Labrocca's Mybb Tabs script
Pages: 1 2