MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is Google hacking my forum???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I have been getting PM's from my forum saying "Possible Hacking Attempt" and listing an IP

Most of these IP's are my own, but three that I have received today (all at the same time) is the exact IP of the GoogleBot (66.249.66.147)

I guess this is the bot trying to access the Admin Panel, but I just wanted to check it wasn't dangerous!

-DrPoodle
Are you using any mods to say that? "Possible Hacking Attempt", I'm pretty sure that is not in MyBB by default.
however, you could upload the attached file to your forum folder to disallow spiders to access your admin CP.
Wops, I saw someone downloaded it, however, if you do have it in an subdirectory, your forum you need to download this file instead, open it, change forum to the directory you got as the forum, and then upload it to the root directory on your host, however, if you have an sub.domain.net adresse you can delete the /forum and just have /admin/ and upload it to your forum folder. (I think, If I understood it correctly)