MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB License and Commercial Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I read the license but got confused at some points, so that's why I would like to clarify my doubts here please.

I'll hire plugin/web developer to change MyBB to new interface and it might/completely make you don't think I used MyBB at the first impression.

for example, I will change Homepage design, User CP/Mod CP, User Profile and add new feature in my MyBB.

Yes, I love to use MyBB system because it's easy to manage and I don't plan to hire web developer to create new system (with new code). Smile

Is it okay for me to remove the footer license of mybb and put it in an about us page instead?

What about commercial use in MyBB? Smile

Thanks & regards.
IIRC, you can make a fork of MyBB and make people use it, but it must be released under the LGPL license.

I don't believe you get support for a forked version of MyBB here anyway.
You can remove the footer info but no the stuff in the files themselves (like php files).

You can try and go commercial but since MyBB uses a GPL license anyone who buys it is free to distribute it.
I'm fairly sure that by commercial use he means using it on a company site. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
There are no restrictions on what you use MyBB for (Commercial or otherwise), and your also welcome to make whatever modifications you like and even redistribute your modified version.

You may also completely remove the footer credit, however to receive official support here you must display the minimum "Powered by MyBB" line on every page of your forum as per our Support eligibility policy.

As we use the lGPL licence you might find this page useful: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

Thanks and really appreciate your information. Smile