MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TopicMafia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, four days ago, i bought my new forum, TopicMafia. Soon to find out, three days later, someone would come along, and change it completly.

Recently, we have merged with offtopica, another general chat forum, receiving a whopping 230+ members! Cool

Anyways, i'd be greatly appreciative if i received some reviews on my general chat forum.

http://topicmafia.com - homepage
http://topicmafia.com/forum/ - forum

Thanks guys,
TopicKing
Nice sites, Good luck! Smile
Thanks MattRogowski for reopening the thread.

Site updated to meet mybb.com's guidelines.
Good luck again Wink
BUMP

I'd like some reviews please Big Grin
I think that the landing page is a very bad idea. It is too dark/doesnt look nice. If it had content like links etc. and info it would be better.

Also the moving white on black text is hard to read.

The forum itself looks really nice, I think the different icons are great.

Currently I think you have far too many categories - you should consider deleting or merging some. As the forum is new most of them are empty and this makes it look much less busy than it is.

You should move the "HQ" categories to the bottom as most users visit a site for the actual content, not to find out about your bad host.

What is the reason for having so many moderators and administators? There is no need, my smallest forum with 10k posts only has me as a moderator/admin.
(2011-01-07, 01:27 AM)vizslaforums Wrote: [ -> ]I think that the landing page is a very bad idea. It is too dark/doesnt look nice. If it had content like links etc. and info it would be better.

Also the moving white on black text is hard to read.

The forum itself looks really nice, I think the different icons are great.

Currently I think you have far too many categories - you should consider deleting or merging some. As the forum is new most of them are empty and this makes it look much less busy than it is.

You should move the "HQ" categories to the bottom as most users visit a site for the actual content, not to find out about your bad host.

What is the reason for having so many moderators and administators? There is no need, my smallest forum with 10k posts only has me as a moderator/admin.

I appreciate the comment, i will make changes according to your suggestion. Big Grin
It baffles me how you have 232 members and only 199 posts. In addition why are some forums have no threads :/ Maybe you should remove some forums and focus on finding active posters.
(2011-01-07, 04:19 PM)AwptimusPrime Wrote: [ -> ]It baffles me how you have 232 members and only 199 posts. In addition why are some forums have no threads :/ Maybe you should remove some forums and focus on finding active posters.

If you didnt read the first part of the post, i merged with an inactive forum to see if we could bring back their members, only 1 came back, i do plan to remove some sections, and demote some staff.

Thanks for some feedback.
All i see is vbulletin............
Pages: 1 2