MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: log in from different places
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you are logged in somewhere, you can login somewhere else, like that you can post with the same user from 2 different places.

I guess there should be a restriction for that. If you dont consider this a bug, move it to suggestions.

regards
Well, if you link the two together, isnt that the whole point?
i mean i can sign in on this pc, and another pc and post from both.

but that should happen, there should be a restriction for only 1 login. else you have to signout or session is terminated after x time (which is already available)

regards
If you sign on the computer from another account, then doesnt it just continue the session or start a new one if the other one expires?
Why is this an problem? If you just wanna check something on the other pc for an moment I would guess it would be a bit annoying to log out then log back in again when your at the other pc.
no no, i'm talking about the same account.

I signed with zaher1988 on this pc, and with zaher1988 on the other pc and from both i was able to post etc...

i guess it shouldn't allow to login unless a session on this pc is terminated.

crakter if we consider this a suggestion, it can be a choice for the user to decide .

just my opinion i might be wrong Smile

regards
I still don't get why it is an problem. Only you know the password tho, and well, I just can't see why it is an problem.
I agree with CraKteR - This is not causing any problems with mybb, is it?

Anyway, I'll leave this to one of the other mods to decide if this is a suggestion or bug.
So that would mean I wouldn't be able to keep my Mac, Windows box and Laptop logged in and would have to login each time when I changed?

That would honestly annoy me like nothing else.

Once you're logged in, the only reasons you should be logged out are a) you chose to b) you clear your cookies c) you change your password on another machine therefore voiding the password in the cookies.
Nevermind, i have already mentioned that this might be a suggestion.

A user my specify from his user cp whether to allow that or not.

However i appreciate and respect your comments.Smile

regards
Pages: 1 2