MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group Promotions & User Titles Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have setup group promotions with number of posts and user titles. But for some odd reason the forum is not automatically promoting users with the appropriate number of posts to the specified group or assigning user titles.

I'm curious is this something that happens automatically or done manually? Could I be missing a setting that is preventing this from happening?
Check the promotions log to see if the user was promoted or not, if not double check your promotion settings.
It promotes users when they login and meet the requirements.
I've checked the settings and everything looks alright. Below is a screenshot of the User Group Promotions and User Title Can you spot anything I may be missing?

[Image: usergrouppromotions.gif]

[Image: usertitleh.gif]

(2011-01-03, 01:48 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]It promotes users when they login and meet the requirements.

Judging by the screenshot, you're trying to promote a user who is a "Junior Member" already, into a "Junior Member". They're the same group... Toungue
Oh sorry, didn't notice that Toungue

You cannot do a group promotion because you aren't changing their usergroup...
Huh ah if I understood UndiscoveredTalent correctly to promote user1 to user2. In the promotion settings to move to user2 the Original user group must be set to user1 and New user group set to user2. Correctamundo?
Hello reichmany,

Like the others have said, On your first screenshot - the fields "Original User Group" and "New User Group" are both set to to "Junior Member" - the promotion will have no apparent effect as the users will not move groups.

To make the promotions run, set the "Original User Group" field to contain a User Group with all members that you would like to promote automatically, set the "New User Group" field to a User Group where these members should be moved to. Save your changes.

Then, run the task manually first to see if the promotions are correctly set up, do this by going to:

ACP --> Tools & Maintenance --> Task Mananger --> Then click the clock icon next to "Promotion System" in the list. You should now see that your "New User Group" contains 'promoted' members.

If you need any help, please reply!