MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: an easy upgrade from 1.2.14 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I upgraded from 1.2.14 to 1.6.1 following the standard procedure and most of the board is working, but there are still some minor issues (rating and inline moderation not working, some table columns length mismatch, etc.)

What I noticed is that several templates (of the upgraded 1.6) are quite different from a clean newly installed 1.6; I suppose this comes from keeping some old 1.2.14 templates.

So my question now is:
  1. if I install a clean new 1.6.1;
  2. backup only necessary tables from the upgraded 1.2 (which tables?) contatining users and posts and whatever else needed;
  3. merge this tables into the clean 1.6.1

could this give me a 100% working 1.6.1 board with all the content of the former 1.2.14 ?

Thanks,
Diabolik

No need to do that. It's most likely that either your plugins or themes aren't 1.6 compatible. Disable all plugins and use the default theme.
Without installing a fresh MyBB, you would still correct your errors.

Can I know your forum's URL ?
You'll need to revert every single template to default, you can't run a 1.6 forum on 1.2 templates, it'll cause you all kinds of trouble. Doing what you're suggesting will only complicate things more.
(2011-01-03, 02:44 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Disable all plugins and use the default theme.

I did exactly in this way.
In fact the issues are not related to plugins, but with standard mybb way of work I think.
(2011-01-03, 02:47 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to revert every single template to default, you can't run a 1.6 forum on 1.2 templates, it'll cause you all kinds of trouble. Doing what you're suggesting will only complicate things more.

Ah, ok, and is there a way to do this all tegether, or I have to go one by one ?
(2011-01-03, 02:45 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Can I know your forum's URL ?

Sorry, unfortunately I cannot allow users outside a restricted group to log in, as there are some confidential discussions inside.

(2011-01-03, 02:48 PM)Diabolik Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, ok, and is there a way to do this all tegether, or I have to go one by one ?

ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> Find Updated Templates
A quick way to purge all the edited templates is to run this query:

DELETE FROM `mybb_templates` WHERE `sid` NOT IN ('-2','-1');

Note that none of your themes will be compatible either.
Well, I went to revert them one by one (they were more than 80%), it was a very tedious and long work,
but at the end I have a perfect working upgrade.
Thank for the hint Matt. Wink