MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Index Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like a plugin script that will display certain categories by changing a little of the link

like for example

index.php?show=1
-> shows category 1,3 ,5

index.php?show=2
->shows category 1,2,3,4

index.php?show=3
->shows category 1,2,5

please do not use css just to hide the board because it would waste a lot bandwidth and slow down the site but make it so that categories do not even show at the source if you can.

I willing to pay like 5 bucks for it, if you can make it please list your price because its a useful full script to have because it will make like one forum script has many small forums with the same user login
Do you want to "hide" certain categories from index ?
I think if you just change the forum options - e.g go to a forum and click edit, then uncheck 'forum is active'. You can still access it if you know the URL, but it won't be displayed in the index. Is that what you mean?
AJS did something like this with his forum he had tabs along the top and when you clicked one it displayed the forums in that catergorie.
If the forum isn't active then people cant post in it

ok so want my index page show different categories depending on the link

Example...

Category 1 - General
Category 2 - User Corner
Category 3 - Anime
Cateogry 4 - Cartoons
Cateogry 5 - Help

Are the Categories

index.php will show all the categories

index.php?show=1
->would show Categories 1,2,3,5 (which mean General, User Corner, Anime, Help will only show)

index.php?show=2
-> would show only cateogry 1 (which mean General will only show)

index.php?show=3
-> would only show 1,2,4,5 (which would mean General, User Corner, Cartoons, Help will only show)

I would like a control panel to have settings which let me choose which categories to display

and not use css but actually modding the source not have these categories because it will use more bandwidth than need and it slows down the site...
I dont want tabs.....

I will try explaining in php terms

this would be an example if I was going to make a webpage that I wanted mybb to do
<?php
//categories
$cat1 = 'anime';
$cat2 = 'cartoon';
$cat3 = 'general';
//php to know which one to show
$display = $_GET['show'];
//choose which ones to display
switch ($display){
	case "1":
		echo $cat1.'<br />'.$cat3;
		break;
	case "2":
		echo $cat2.'<br />'.$cat3;
		break;	
	case "3":
		echo $cat1.'<br />'.$cat2.'<br />'.$cat3;
		break;	

}
?>

if we do this then index.php?show=1
would show anime and general

and index.php?show=2
would show cartoon and general

Now what I want for mybb is this
if index.php?show=1
it would show certain categories that I want to see

if index.php?show=2
it would show different categories that I want to see
As I said, it would easily be done with a plugin. If you want, drop a request in here: http://yaldaram.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3