MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Forum is doing weird
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you have deleted your database, so how could the installer connect to that Undecided
(2011-01-04, 09:41 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]If you have deleted your database, so how could the installer connect to that Undecided

Exactly. Wink The database must exist in order to be able to connect to it. After you are sure that the database exists browse to the /install directory and follow the step-by-step instructions.
(2011-01-04, 10:14 PM)Zach Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-04, 09:41 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]If you have deleted your database, so how could the installer connect to that Undecided

Exactly. Wink The database must exist in order to be able to connect to it. After you are sure that the database exists browse to the /install directory and follow the step-by-step instructions.

Where do I need to enter the database details?
From the looks of it you seem to have removed the files and database and want to start a fresh.

After you upload the files, create a database either in cpanel, phpmyadmin or whatever option your host has given you to do so. Then you need to run the installer so that the forum can be installed, you'll enter the database details in the installer wizard when it asks you for them.
You are missing some files as if you go to http://jvconnection.info/install to install it comes up with a 404, which package did you upload to the server.
(2011-01-05, 09:15 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]From the looks of it you seem to have removed the files and database and want to start a fresh.

After you upload the files, create a database either in cpanel, phpmyadmin or whatever option your host has given you to do so. Then you need to run the installer so that the forum can be installed, you'll enter the database details in the installer wizard when it asks you for them.

This doesn't work
I reuploaded all, made a databse, but still when I got to :
http://jvconnection.info/

I get an error

And install page doesnt work, doesnt show up
Your install folder is missing you need to make sure you have it uploaded with out you will not be able to install the board you need to check that you have an install directory in your forums root file this will be only thing causing a 404 error.
Pages: 1 2