MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] MyUbuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The other administrator of LinuxAdept, Putnam, has been working on a MyBB theme that mimics the Ubuntu look, based off of The Cure by Audentio Design.

We've recently opted to continue the development of the theme on GitHub, a social coding platform. The project page is located here: https://github.com/Waterfox/MyUbuntu. The project is available under the terms of the MIT license.

A somewhat stable production branch is in use at LinuxAdept. To see it in action, select Ubuntu from the Quick Theme dropdown box at the bottom. I'll soon set up a testing site which will always run the latest revision of the master branch.

Both newbies to the site and current GitHubbers are welcome to contribute to this theme. If you have any remarks, reply here or create an issue on GitHub. If you have any patches to contribute, start by forking the repo, then commit and push your changes to your fork and submit a pull request. We'll review and possibly pull your commit as soon as possible.

Hoping we'll hear from you soon,
the LinuxAdept team
Do you have a screenshot?
(2011-01-04, 09:48 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a screenshot?

Not yet, but:

(2011-01-04, 09:19 PM)Waterfox Wrote: [ -> ]A somewhat stable production branch is in use at LinuxAdept. To see it in action, select Ubuntu from the Quick Theme dropdown box at the bottom.

If you need a static screenshot, I can take one, though.
I lol'd at the fact that you made a Github for a theme. Anyway good luck.
Decent, but would be better if you made it from scratch. Perhaps similiar to the one at ubuntu forums.
(2011-01-04, 11:36 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]I lol'd at the fact that you made a Github for a theme.

Why is that bad?

(2011-01-04, 11:37 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps similiar to the one at ubuntu forums.

I find their theme to be a bit outdated in relation with the current Ubuntu colors and style.
Mhm, Ubuntu Forums has to keep a low theme because many users run dial up still. If you visist Linux Adept you can see the awesome theme. Its really good.
I see choppiness. Lots of choppiness. Also, that BG is plain annoying IMHO.
(2011-01-05, 08:09 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I see choppiness. Lots of choppiness. Also, that BG is plain annoying IMHO.

Could you elaborate on both of your comments? What do you mean by choppiness?
(2011-02-10, 12:12 AM)Waterfox Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-05, 08:09 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I see choppiness. Lots of choppiness. Also, that BG is plain annoying IMHO.

Could you elaborate on both of your comments? What do you mean by choppiness?

Text shadows make me want to eat my fist.